Land of Unscented Soaps and Curry

After two (or three) long years of business school, we are embarking on a 48 day journey to India, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, and Cambodia. We'll be bathing with unscented soaps and shampoos to keep the mosquitoes away (and therefore malaria and other fun viruses), and eating all sorts of delicious and aromatic foods.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Let the Adventures Begin...

Today's the day we've been waiting for, for a few months now. We've researched, made spreadsheets, shopped, been vaccinated, spent lots of money, researched some more, and shopped even more. If we're not ready now, we never will be. Although it's hard to imagine that we'll be in India in about 24 hours.

Jeremy has already headed out, flying from DC to Detroit. I'll be meeting up with him in a few hours. It's a good thing I'm already in Michigan, as I had to do some last minute shopping for him (somebody forgot to pack their swim suit :) I refrained from purchasing anything with too much of a pattern - it was hard, but I did it.

We've treated our clothes with mosquito repellent, started taking our malarone tablets, and spent hours on the phone finishing some last minute hotel bookings. I have taken a break to do my nails (just b/c we're backpacking doesn't mean I can't be put together :) and will look at some more hotel options, before heading to the airport myself

See you in India.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home